Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Chattanooga TN
You’re washing a dish in your sink or making your morning coffee and then you see it… a beetle crawling across your kitchen counter. Like many insects and pests, when you see one of them, it likely means that it has several “friends” crawling around out of sight. Today on the blog, your pest control experts in Nashville at Ameri Care Services provide a guide for what to do if you’ve got beetles in your kitchen.
Get the facts on beetles
Beetles are a more common household pest in the U.S., than you might think, and also more destructive than you might realize. Each year, beetles do an estimated $460 million in damage every year to crops. They also can eat clothing, plants and certain building materials.
Better know a beetle
Not all beetles are created equal. Some of the common types of beetle you may encounter include:
- Carpet beetles – With hard, round bodies, two antennae and six legs, these beetles can devour fabric and upholstery.
- Japanese beetles – You work hard on your garden filled with rose bushes or other ornamental plants, but all of these are the equivalent of an all-you-can-eat buffet for these shiny green bugs.
- Ladybugs – Yes, ladybugs are a type of beetle, classified as an Asian beetle. Harmless in small numbers or outside, they can do damage inside your home, where they can congregate in the dozens… or hundreds.
- Click beetles – With elongated, brown bodies, this variety of beetle can lay waste to a garden.
- Wood-boring beetles – Termites aren’t the only insects out there that consume wood and cellulose. Wood-boring beetle larvae also feast on wood and the adults bore holes into wood and wooden structures to feed their young.
Eliminating beetles from your home
If you’ve got beetles in your home, your best course of action is to hire a pest control professional. Do-it-yourself remedies exist, such as setting bait stations, drowning them in soapy water, or vacuuming them up. However, these are only going to be effective to a certain degree. A qualified pest control professional can identify the source of your beetle infestation, eliminate the insects and then use preventive measures to deter beetles from another invasion into your home or business in the future.
Ameri Care Services will compose a treatment plan tailored to your unique needs and then put that plan into action. Follow-up treatments may be necessary, as there is never a guarantee you will never see another beetle, since these insects live and breed outside. If you are regularly seeing beetles traipse through your kitchen or elsewhere in your home, a protective barrier treatment may be needed. These treatments are applied at regular intervals, usually annually, and kill beetles and other pests on contact.
Pest control in Nashville and Murfreesboro in Tennessee
The only beetles in your life should be John, Paul, George and Ringo. If you’re having a problem with beetles or any other type of best, contact the team at Ameri Care Services. Contact us online or call (615) 893-7111 to schedule your consultation today with one of our pest control professionals.