Nashville, Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Chattanooga TN
Termite infestations are no joke. These voracious and persistent pests feast on wood and other dead plant matter. If termites enter your home, they can do thousands of dollars of damage before you even see any physical evidence of the colony. This is why it’s important to know the signs of an infestation, and be aware of your options for treating termites in Nashville.
What happens during a termite infestation?
Termites can eat through wood quickly and reproduce at a rapid rate. The queen of a termite colony can live for decades in optimal conditions. A queen also can produce up to 20,000 or more eggs every single day. Considering how rapidly a colony can grow and the destructive nature of these insects, hopefully you understand the damage they can do–and the importance of knowing how to recognize and identify termites, and having a plan to dispose of them.
How to spot the signs of termites
Termites tend to travel underground and build their colonies in hidden places, such as inside walls or subflooring. You may be dealing with an infestation for months and never actually see one of these bugs skittering across your floor.
Common signs of termites include:
- Blisters on any wood flooring in your home
- Wood that sounds hollow
- Evidence of damage to wooden walls and floors, or tiles
- Discarded wings, usually near closed doors and windows
How can you prevent termites?
First and foremost, maintain a clean environment in your home and on your property. That includes identifying and fixing any water leaks, which can draw termites in search of a water source. If you have a fireplace, make sure the woodpile is at least a short distance away from your home or any other structures. Make sure tree branches are trimmed back so they are not hanging over your home, as they can be used as a bridge for the termites to infiltrate. Also try to keep your backyard picked up and your lawn cut and well-trimmed.
The importance of professional pest control
You can follow the above guide, but when it comes to termite control, there is no substitute for professional pest control. Remember that termite control is different from standard pest prevention. You want to choose a company that is licensed and has specific treatments for termite protection.
Factors to consider when hiring a termite control company near you include:
- Expertise – Did you know there are roughly 2,000 different species of termite? You want to choose a company that is knowledgeable about the varieties of termites and the best measures to eradicate them.
- Geography – Each pest control company has its own service range. Make sure you find one that offers treatments where you live.
- Communication – Any reputable company that offers termite control should conduct an inspection, then provide a quote before beginning any work. You should be informed in advance of any treatments, what services you will receive and the estimated cost.
- Guarantee – A termite protection plan should come with a warranty. There are two warranty types: a control warranty, which covers the cost of any repeat treatments; and a repair warranty, which covers any damage termites may do, up to a certain amount, after the initial evaluation and treatment.
Termite control in Nashville and Murfreesboro, Tennessee
At Ameri Care Services, you’ll find we fulfill each of the qualifications listed above for residential and commercial customers just like you in the greater Nashville area, including Murfreesboro. If you’re not under contract for termite protection, your property is at risk. Schedule an appointment for an inspection with one of our professional technicians today. Call (615) 893-7111 or complete our online form.