Mt. Juliet, Murfreesboro, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville, TN
- Make sure you have a good seal on windows and doors to prevent moisture from entering your home. This will not only help with mold growth it will help keep your heating cost down as well.
- You should have any leaky pipes or faucets fixed or replaces immediately. If you can’t have the problem fixed right away then shut off the water flow to the broken pipes or faucets.
- If you have any moisture in your basement or crawl space then you will need to have a professional basement or crawl space waterproofing company inspect this area for you. Many including Ameri Care Services offer a free evaluation of your basement or crawl space for waterproofing or signs of mold and mildew.
- Make sure you have proper ventilation when showering or washing dishes to prevent moisture from building up in your home.
- Make sure you don’t have any leaks in your roof. You can inspect this by going into your attic and looking for water stains on the wood.
- Make sure to take steps to prevent pipes from cracking or bursting by adding insulation to them.
- Clean your gutters regularly. Water can seep into your walls when gutters do not drain properly.
- Make sure all the water is running away from your home so that it doesn’t gather around your home’s foundation.
If you are the victim of a flood then here are some steps to take. You will need to call a professional mold clean up or mold remediation company. Mold can begin to form in as little as 24 hours after the water damage.
- Remove as much of the water as you can but remember to disconnect all the electricity from the house first.
- Try and lower the humidity level and temperature if possible. You can use a dehumidifier and air conditioning to help with this.
The most important things to keep in mind when trying to thwart off mold and mildew growth is keeping things clean and dry. You should also make sure to keep a professional mold remediation company such as Ameri Care Services, Inc. number close at hand so that you can contact them quickly to help minimize the damage from moisture exposure. If you think you may have mold or mildew damage in your home then contact Ameri Care Services today for your free evaluation. We have offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, and Knoxville.
526 South Walnut Street, Murfreesboro, TN – 37219USA.
Tel : 615 893-7111
Email : email@example.com